Sunday, September 10, 2017

Amamma & Tathagaru

Hello Reader,



I have endless memories of the time spent at my grandparents’ house. Most of my childhood was spent there, eating, listening to their stories and playing around. My Tathagaru narrated me stories from the Ramayana and other mythological tales full of wisdom and my Amamma prepared a variety of lip-smacking food loaded with love. Even today, every time I travel away from home, she makes sure that I have packed the jar of mango pickles. She has been making those pickles ever since I have known her. I am sure this how all grandparents bestow their love and care. 

I remember how happy my Amamma was when she saw me surprisingly arrive for my Tathagaru’s 80th birthday celebration. I was the only one who was going to miss out from the party that day. Although, I had my tickets booked a month ago, I informed nobody about my arrival and then boom! I appeared at the venue and baffled everyone. And then my Amamma hugged me and she had a broad smile on her face. 

Then I met my Tathagaru, he had turned 80 that day. I am sure he was as happy as my Amamma was to see me; his faint smile followed by whispering my name was enough to tell me that. Due to his medical condition, he was not as expressive as Amamma was but his eyes had a lot to speak.



I lost him only after a few months from that day. I was present with him in his last moments but I wish, I could have spent more time talking with him and listening to more stories. But, for studies and then job, I have been away from my grandparents for years and unlike my childhood, much of my post teenage years passed without them being nearby. 

My grandpa is no more but his wisdom is as green in my mind as it was when he was teaching those moral lessons to me in the form of fictional and spiritual portrayals. 

I am sure my Amamma misses him much more. They have lived together for about 60 years together and I don’t know how strong one has to be to deal with such a turn of events.
I really want to make my Amamma as happy as she was that day. So, I am planning to give her a surprise visit one more time.

And when could be a better time but on this Grandparents’ day. This time I will make sure that it is not a brief meet. Instead, I am going to stay with her for a week and even though, I am not the best of chefs, I will cook for her every healthy recipe I can muster up. I will take her to shopping and buy her anything that she wants and of course, ask her to tell me a story and sing me a lullaby, just like old times.





#LoveJatao
I look forward to hear from you how would you celebrate Grandparents Day. Do share a selfie with your grandparents on Sept. 10, 2017 on Twitter or Facebook with #LoveJatao & tag @blogadda to win a goodie from Parachute Advansed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice blog! Gift your grandparents Castor Oil it deeply moisturizes and conditions hair, adding strength and vibrancies thereby promoting healthy hair growth and prevents hair fall.

    ReplyDelete